Pilot VT100: Changes Log
Fri Aug 13 17:38:41 IDT 1999 Vassilii Khachaturov
* Brian J. Swetland lost his CVS repository during host relocation, so the
older sources are not available
* Releasing 1.0. Updating the pictures and linking the sources
tarball into the index page. CVSWeb TBD
[most recent changes not logged until the CVS repository access is fixed]
Sat Feb 21 21:45:34 IST 1998 Vassilii Khachaturov
Added $(RSC) to `clean' -- it's now rebuilt from $(RSC).in
Added RELEASE macro
Added RELEASE macro
* ToDo.html.in, ChangeLog.html.in, index.html.in:
(not to be confused with their newer counterparts in docs/)
The CTL button is now a toggle (double CTL==none); when active,
the button remains selected
The version resource promoted to 0.0.7
The release label is now set up by the makefile using
the RELEASE macro
Sat Jan 17 01:17:28 IST 1998 Vassilii Khachaturov
* Makefile, docs/Makefile:
moved the "Significant us" non-html-specific macros to the
parent makefile, exports adjusted
* vt100.rsc: removed. It is now built from vt100.rsc.in
* vt100.rsc.in: added, based on the old (static) vt100.rsc.
* Makefile: added the `$(RSC): $(RSC).in' rule
Fri Jan 16 18:48:38 IST 1998 Vassilii Khachaturov
* docs/Makefile: added BODY_COLORS macro
* docs/index.html.in, docs/ToDo.html.in, docs/ChangeLog.html.in:
now using the BODY_COLORS instead of explicitly using the coloring
attrs in <BODY>
* docs/index.html.in: not using <TABLE> any more -- nice
rendering on most graphics-capable user-agents now sacrificed to
* chcodes.h: added
* keymap.c: removed the CTL() macro def. -- it's now in chcodes.h
RecvSerial(): added software flow control code,
controlled by the XON_XOFF define.
No more buffer overruns at 19200 baud.
* Makefile: added dependencies on chcodes.h
Thu Jan 8 03:27:42 IST 1998 Vassilii Khachaturov
* fixed some problems that occured when splitting the Makefile into two
* docs/Makefile, docs/index.html.in: added bzip2 distribution of the app.
* rsrc.h, vt100.rsc: added prefsResetAutoOffCheck
* term.c: added global tty_activity_resets_autooff,
MainFormHandleEvent(): linked it to the prefsResetAutoOffCheck checkbox
RecvSerial(): removed the old (disbled by #ifdefs) code
(we can always restore it from the CVS repository now);
added conditional call to EvtResetAutoOffTimer()
Mon Jan 5 13:59:57 CST 1998 Brian J. Swetland
* Added docs directory and moved html docs into there.
* Stored static images as .gif's to reduce size
* added white background to web pages
* failed to fix the blurring problem with convert
Sat Jan 3 17:06:26 IST 1998 Vassilii Khachaturov
* Makefile, index.html.in: now using IMG HEIGHT/WIDTH attributes
for all the three inline images, values for those are
dynamically substituted in the Makefile,
in the `$(HTML)/%: %.in' rule.
Names of the new HTML macros:
Fri Jan 2 22:33:31 IST 1998 Vassilii Khachaturov
* ChangeLog.html.in, ToDo.html.in: instead of old ChangeLog, ToDo
* index.html.in: linked in the changelog/todo; removed "requests"
(merged them with ToDo). Added the Installation and Linux
subsections in Usage.
Removed inlined snapshot of alpha 5 (demo2.gif). Instead linked in
external new snapshots.
* about.ppm emacs.ppm login.ppm vi.ppm: new snapshots.
Fri Jan 2 01:32:01 IST 1998 Vassilii Khachaturov
* Makefile: added $(CONVERT)
* index.html.in: made it a first-class SGML document,
doctype html 3.2; added as comment vim-modeline to
set the external make program to nsgmls for interactive
validation -- see www.jclark.com. Debugged the html markup.
Wed Dec 31 20:36:36 IST 1997 Vassilii Khachaturov
* Makefile: THISDIR renamed to thisdir and changed to immediate.
Its definition now uses shell variable $PWD instead of relying on
make macro $(PWD), which proved to be absent on gnuwin32.
Wed Dec 31 08:47:49 IST 1997 Vassilii Khachaturov
* Makefile, index.html.in:
Major improvement in the web page. Contents added,
items reordered, text made less Brian-specific.
Added macros to the html template expansion rule:
BRIAN_MAIL, BRIAN_URL, BRIAN,
VASSILII_MAIL, VASSILII_URL, VASSILII,
(XXX need to integrate that into the about form resource)
ICONTEXT, GZIPSIZE (and a .prc.gzip added to the download options!).
Wed Dec 31 07:10:43 IST 1997 Vassilii Khachaturov
* term.c, keymap.c:
Changed C++-style comments (//) to C-style (/* ... */).
Tue Dec 30 20:05:31 IST 1997 Vassilii Khachaturov
* Makefile: The associated web stuff integrated into the bundle.
See the `web' target and associates.
It is now possible to specify the html in a .in template,
on which a sort of macro processing is going to be built.
(Currently: ZOOMFACTOR, ZIPSIZE, PRCSIZE).
* font.bmp, icon.bmp: converted to PBM
All the asssociated gifs for the Web are now updated automatically.
* vt100.rsc: now using PBMs instead of BMPs
* font.xbm: removed
Sun Dec 29 Brian J. Swetland
* vt100.rsc: added '98 to copyright line. Added Vassilii to
about dialog. Minor cosmetic twiddling done to some dialogs.
Alpha 6 released.
Sun Dec 28 19:25:02 IST 1997 Vassilii Khachaturov
* ChangeLog started
* ToDo started
* font.bmp: 'U' made more distinguished from 'V' (added 1 pixel
at the lower-right corner)
* Makefile: added maintenance targets: debug, install, coinstall,
codebug, gzip, tar.
Added macros COPILOT, CODEVICE, GDB and PILOT_XFER.
Redundant '-lm' removed from the link rule.
Various explicit dependancies added.
The compilation rule now uses -W and -Wall.
* rsrc.h: for code optimizations, different hacks upon
the resource id-s convention were adopted. See for details
the comments in rsrc.h and vt100.rsc.
Also, the overall style changed from absolute-positioning to
relative positioning where possible (I do not have any
visual tools for creating the resource scripts).
* vt100.rsc: Added buttonsForm (currently defunct) with a help attached,
added prefsForm, removed baud selection from the main form (it is now
on prefsForm). COMPRESS used for the bitmap (needs at least pilrc1.7),
current version today is 2.0).
#include "keymap.h" to interface the new module `keymap.c' (see below).
Different initializations moved to the static initializers out
of StartApplication(): as of prc-tools-0.5.0
the static init. bugs are fixed.
StartApplication(): FontBH made VoidHand instead of Handle,
this eliminated a compilation warning.
Introduced global static: local_echo iCurBaud serial_settings.
Introduced enum for readable indexing of the static global bauds.
The file is highly dependant upon the values of some resource IDs.
Some checks at preprocessor level are tried to be performed to verify
the IDs values consistency. It all could have been eliminated had
pilrc had an ability to get arith. expr-s instead of the IDs,
(probably requiring a C++ preprocessor pass on rsc).
StartSerial(), StopSerial(), RecvSerial(): application-specific
custom receive buffer is set up when going online. The buffer
is currently 4kB (default is 512B). RecvSerial() currently
gives a fatal alert on the buffer overrun (the buffer size does not
influence the PRC size, so increasing again won't be a big problem
for the total app size. I have had no problems on 19200 with it so far.
Still software flow control is desirable to prevent the overflow situation.
MainFormHandleEvent(): several variables moved to the blocks that actually
need them. Removed popSelectEvent handling as the bauds popup is now
removed from the form. Added actual code to the menuEvent handler instead
of the old stub that just popped out the about form regardless of
the actual menu item selected. This code highly uses the ID values
hacks (extracting bits from them and passing them as
EventLoop(): keymap_RemapEvent is now trying to be done before
other routines get chance of the event processing. See also
VirtualKeyPress(): added here to eliminate frequently used
within MainFormHandleEvent() idiom and to provide a hook for
the keymap.c module.
* vt100.h: added VirtualKeyPress()
* keymap.h, keymap.c: module that deals with the hardware buttons
remapping. Currently it's impossible to change the built-in map.
Contact the developers: